Are you looking for Best Laptops Docking Stations because you don’t have enough ports on your Laptop or tablet to attach all of your peripherals and monitors? Ultrabook’s aren’t as customizable as desktop computers. But, a method you’ll expand your device’s functionality by investing in the best laptop docking station.
Best Laptops Docking Stations:
A laptop dock frees you of the restrictions of conventional ports. You are not restricted to using just two or three USB devices at a time. Once you plug and unplug appliances constantly from your laptop ports, you risk damaging them. That can also become a drag of the past. Employing a hub, you got to run one USB cable to your Laptop. With your dock, you’ll harness the facility of Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C for rapid data transfer, 4K external monitor support, and more. Only minimal cords got to run between your devices. Small work areas can benefit significantly from such conservation of space.
Below, we compare features on a number of the highest laptop docking stations on the market today. Whether your priority is broad compatibility across devices and operating systems, rapid transfer speeds, or dual or triple display support, we’ll help you find the docks that best suit your needs.
1. Anker Dual Display Universal Docking Station
The name indicates, the Anker Docking Station allows you to attach two monitors using HDMI and DVI alongside the remainder of your peripherals. The bottom stand is detachable. So, you’ve got the choice of laying it down on its side if you favor a horizontal orientation.
You only got to run two cords (the USB 3.0 and, therefore, the power cord) to your computer from the device. Thus, you’re ready to keep your work area uncluttered. Furthermore, its sleek appearance may complement your desk, making it an answer that is equally aesthetic because it is functional.
2. Sabrent Universal Docking Station with Stand
Users searching for a dock that gives diverse compatibility will want to require a glance at the Sabrent Universal Docking Station. It features a mixture of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and support for notebooks and tablets.
Such a broad range of compatibility makes it the only USB dock you would like to stay with all of your devices charged and connected. You’ll charge two devices at an equivalent time using the two .4A ports. Just remember that this USB docking station can sometimes be laggy with MacBook laptops. So, if you’re checking out a far better option for your MacBook, check the Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
- Important Information about macOS 10.13.4 update: We have become aware that installing macOS release Version 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade. With the current DisplayLink driver [4.3] beta3 installed you will be able to extend 1 desktop. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected. We have alerted Apple to this issue and are working hard to find a resolution. The macOSX version 10.13.3 is unaffected at this time
- Supports Simultaneous HDMI and DVI Displays, Speaker Port, Microphone Jack
- Featuring Two USB 3.0 + Two USB 2.0 Ports You Can Enjoy Transfer Speeds up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), 480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port For Incredible Internet Speeds
- With Two 2.4A Fast Charging Ports You Can Charge Any of Your Devices
3. Plugable USB-C Triple Display Dock
For a USB-C dock that is backward compatible, the Plugable USB-C Triple Display Dock is a perfect option with USB 1, 2, and three connectivity. While you’ll find many docks that include USB 2 and three connectivity, not tons still offer USB 1. alongside support for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, it even can work with XP. So, if you’ve got tons of legacy devices, this laptop docking station might be your ideal hub.
Just one cable allows you to attach up to nine accessories and three monitors. Are you debating between this and, therefore, the Surface Dock? Accompany this USB-C docking station for the high performance you would like. Tons of buyers who are dissatisfied with the Microsoft Surface Dock report greater satisfaction with this product.
- FLEXIBLE EXPANDABILITY - A single USB 3.0 connection from a host PC to this dock provides dual video outputs, wired Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm Headphone and Microphone jacks, two USB 3.0 ports, and four USB 2.0 ports
- DUAL HD MONITORS - Built-in HDMI and DVI outputs each supporting 1920x1200 resolution @ 60Hz refresh rate. Includes DVI to VGA adapter and DVI to HDMI adapter. HDMI port supports resolutions up to 2560x1440 @ 50Hz with a single HDMI display only
- COMPATIBILITY - Docking station compatible with Windows 10, 8.x, 7, and XP systems, and Macs with 10.14+. Additional adapter needed for USB-C systems (USBC-AF3). Plug and play driver installation via Windows Update. Wired Ethernet supports Gigabit speed. Dock does not charge host PC
- RECOMMENDED USE - For use with web and productivity software; not recommended for gaming. Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB adapters. DisplayPort connections not supported. Does not support HDCP, will not playback encrypted or copy-protected content
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. This product is covered by a 2 year limited parts and labor warranty, as well as Seattle-based email support
4. Targus Universal DV1K-4K Docking Station
A compact 4K display docking station to seem into if you’re pressed for physical space in your work area. It comes with six USB 3.0 ports that allow you to charge your device and support peripherals.
But what stands out about this USB 3.0 dock is its innovative design. By stacking the ports, the manufacturer was ready to make it compact. Also, notice how the highest is angled. you’ll set your Laptop right top to save lots of space and make your computer more ergonomic.
5. Dell D6000 Universal Dock
Not sure whether to urge a USB-C docking station or a USB 3.0 dock? A USB-C docking station can allow you to recommend the foremost out of your compatible devices. But you almost certainly still have tons of tools around that you can only connect using USB 3.0. The Dell D6000 Universal Dock offers the simplest of both worlds. As such, it’s an appropriate choice for people and corporations transitioning their devices.
With 4 USB 3.0 ports and one USB-C port, it’s the hub to require your workstation for the longer term. As a 4K video docking station, it can support up to 3 displays. Prefer Ultra HD 5K? The D6000 can handle that too.
- Enjoy Ultra HD 5K on a single screen or up to three 4K displays via USB C
- Supports up to three 4K displays or a single 5K Display
- Four USB 3.0 Ports. One USB C port. System Requirement (Recommended): PC’s equipped with USB 3.0 or USB C port, Display Link Driver installation. Power adapter 130 Watt. Power Delivery (PD) Profile Up to 65W Dell/Non-Dell laptop (5V/9V/15V@3A and 19.5V@3.25A)
- Os required Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 32/64bit or later. Charges up to 65W laptop via USB C
- Troubleshoot incompatible display driver this message will appear if the primary graphics card drivers installed are not wddm compatible. Windows 7 onwards is not designed to operate without wddm drivers. Download and install the latest graphics drivers for your primary graphics card.Third 4K display at 30 Hertz
6. Cable Matters (107014-SIL)
Our recommended budget option for a Thunderbolt 3 dock is that the Cable Matters 107014-SIL. The charging capabilities of this device are limited. However, it can compete with the costlier CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock in terms of knowledge transfer speed. MacBook and MacBook Pro users will discover that the Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 Dock provides far more reliability and fewer (if any) detection issues than a USB-C docking station.
In terms of features and ports, it offers 10W charging for Smartphones and 60W for laptops. There are five USB-A 3.0 ports, Ethernet, HDMI, and two USB-C for charging.
- 60W single cable docking solution for a computer with a Thunderbolt 3 port; Charge a Thunderbolt 3 notebook while in use up to 60W; AC powered Thunderbolt dock includes a 1.5 foot Thunderbolt 3 cable rated for 40Gbps; Thunderbolt docking station charging is limited to 60W (some computers require more)
- Dual 4K@60Hz DISPLAYS compatible with an HDMI port and a Thunderbolt 3 port using an active USB-C to video adapter; Connect a USB-C video adapter to the 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port on the Thunderbolt 3 docking station for dual displays; Thunderbolt 3 hub for both Mac and Windows computers
- Dell companion dock is compatible with popular Dell laptop models including XPS 12 9250 / 9360 / 9365, 15 9550 / 9560, Latitude 7275 / 7370, Precision 15 3510 / 3520 / 5510 / 5520 / 7510 / 7520; Premium laptop dock is also compatible with 2016 and newer Macbook Air with Retina Display, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini
- Port expander Thunderbolt hub adds 5 USB 3.0 ports, an SD memory card slot, Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity, and a combo audio headset and microphone port; Dual monitor laptop docking station maximizes the utility of a single Thunderbolt 3 port to connect multiple devices
- Thunderbolt 3 compatible with the Aspire Switch 12S / R13 / 2016 V15 Nitro / 2016 V17 Nitro, Predator 15 / 17 / ROG GL / G5 / G7 / GX / Transformer 3 Pro / ZenBook 3 /Pro, Clevo P7 / P8 / Sager NP / Intel NUC6i7KYK, Schenker XMG, Thinkpad Y720 / T470 / T570 / X270 / X1 Carbon (5th Gen), MSI GS / Phantom Pro / Ghost Pro / Stealth Pro / Titan / Titan Pro, Toshiba Protege X20W
7. Wavlink WL-UG39DK
It’s compatible with multiple versions of Windows, Chrome, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and Android; it should work with most devices.
However, it’s not compatible with 64-bit Windows XP or Surface RT. Therein sense, you’ll rise to 5 USB-A ports (two 3.0 and three 2.0) alongside HDMI, DVI, and Ethernet. Overall, the WL-UG39DK1 is one among the central compact docking station and offer everything you would like.
- Built-in HDMI and DVI outputs each resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, HDMI port supports resolutions up to 2560x1440@ 50Hz with a single HDMI display only. Includes DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI adapters are supplied for added flexibility, great for different home and office workspace applications.
- System Support: Windows 10, 8, 7,& legacy XP systems. the driver installation via Windows Update. Surface RT, Mac OS/Linux are not supported. (Please refer to Display Link website for more system compatibility)
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 port 10/100 / 1000Mbps Ethernet, provides you with fast wired network connection. 4x USB 2.0 ports fulfill all USB 2.0 devices such as keyboard, mouse,printer, ect. 2x USB 3.0 ports for super transfer speed up to 5Gbps and 900mA of power, you can connect your usb peripherals or usb stick to solve external USB devices and high-speed file transfer for home office workers.
- Docking station is suggested for use with web and productivity software; not recommended for gaming, cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB adapters.
- Build in USB 3.0 GPU certified by DisplayLink. Compact size, LED display status, easy setup, multi-function operation performance, bring a new life style for you. All of our products offer 12-month limited warranty.
8. CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock
The CalDigit TS3 Plus could also be the last word Thunderbolt 3 dock. Costlier than the Certified Cable Matters Aluminum Thunderbolt 3 Dock, it’s also superior.
Even with its compact profile, it’s loads with 15 ports. 5 USB-A 3.1 ports support your legacy devices. You furthermore may get a group of USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 ports plus 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports. Being a 4K video docking station, it can support a pair of 4K 60Hz monitors or one 5K 60Hz screen.
Given its blazing-fast charging and transfer speeds, it’s well worth the higher tag. Mostly, it’s going to be the perfect Thunderbolt 3 dock if you’re employed with data. A daily USB-C port just won’t cut it for that task. So, if you’re a media student or professional, the CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock can enhance your editing process and results.
- [15 PORTS OF CONNECTIVITY]: 2x Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s, DisplayPort 1.2, 5x USB-A & 1 USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s), 1x USB-C 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s data only), Gigabit Ethernet, UHS-II SD Card Slot (SD 4.0), Optical Audio (S/PDIF), 3.5mm Stereo Audio In & Out. Vertical or horizontal orientation. Sturdy full aluminum construction with integrated heat sink without a fan.
- [IMPROVED from 85W to 87W LAPTOP CHARGING]: Provides up to 87W to charge your laptop and power all of your USB peripherals. The secondary Thunderbolt 3 port provides 15W of power for downstream devices. Please note: Firmware update required for 87W
- [DUAL 4K EXTENDED DISPLAYS]: Connect up to two 4K@60Hz (4096 x 2160 30-bit color) monitors via DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C port, OR a Single 5K@60Hz display can be supported via the Thunderbolt 3 port. **M1 Macs cannot support dual display over Thunderbolt! (***DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapter / cable must be an ACTIVE type. Passive dongle/cable would not work.***)
- [UHS-II SD 4.0 CARD SLOT]: Latest UHS-II SD card slot supports SD/SDHC/SDXC at up to 312 MB/s bus speed. Transfer full days of footage from your camera 3x faster than UHS-I counterpart!
- [MAC & WINDOWS COMPATIBLE]: Ideal for 2016+ MacBook Pro, 2017+ iMac Pro, on Mac OS 10.12 or Windows 8/10 with a Thunderbolt 3 port. (Not compatible with 2015+ MacBook-Retina with USB-C port. Please use CalDigit USB-C Dock with MacBook-Retina)
Buyer’s Guide For Docking Stations:
We’ve covered everything to assist you in selecting the proper dock for your Laptop from size, compatibility, resolution, and number of ports. Please read through our purchasing guide of the laptop docking station to select the device with all of your needs.
What is a Laptop Docking Station?
As time passes by, people tend to be more portable. Within computers, people tend to urge to obviate their large Desktop PCs and switch to Laptops. Laptops are smaller in size and straightforward to hold around.
They also accompany some cons like their limited USB ports and single external monitor support. For this purpose, Laptop Docking Stations came into existence. It extends your Laptop’s potential and maintains all the advantages of a Desktop PC while employing a Laptop. It can directly be connected to your Laptop and supply many choices like USB ports, HDMI port, DisplayPort, and lots more.
Benefits of a Laptop Docking Station:
A laptop dock comes in several varieties with different features. A number of these Docking Station have built-in chargers so you won’t get to connect your laptop’s power adapter. At the same time, others come with built-in fans that reduce temperature and increase performance.
They also feature Ethernet ports, so you’ll hook up with high-speed cable internet. By combining these features with your Laptop, you’ll take the performance to a different level.
What to seem for a while buying a Docking Station for Laptop?
Device compatibility is that the very first thing that you got to consider. You would like to see if the Docking Station is compatible together with your Laptop. It’s essential to seem at the specifications of the host port. Otherwise, there’s no point in investing your money on a laptop dock that you can’t use. It’s equally important to see the extra ports through which you’ll connect to other external devices.
Number of Ports:
The second thing to seem out is that the number of ports. If a dock cannot connect all of your external devices at a time, then don’t even consider wasting money thereon. The more USB ports, the better it’ll be for your Laptop to satisfy your needs.
You also got to check for the number of monitors it can connect with high-display resolution. If you’re getting to use multiple displays, choose a docking station that will connect more monitors.
This option is infrequent among all the models available within the market. If you would like this feature on your docking station, you’ll get to spend extra money, unlike the opposite models. it’s suitable for the users who are bothered by plugging the charger now then. You don’t connect your charger directly now, with a charging option, these docks will facilitate you together with your device charged without bothering you.
The display resolution may be a primary concern for users involved in designing work or other multimedia content. The docking station you’re buying should support 4K or 5K display resolution or something closer to full HD. Many docks don’t help 5K; therein, search for something with high resolution (2560×1440) or Full-HD.
Size of the dock matters to the bulk of individuals because they already have no space available on their desks. When buying a docking station, confirm to seem out for the right size that matches your table. you’ll either choose a dock that stands vertically or the one that’s placed horizontally. Smaller the dimensions of your Docking Station, the more room you’ll need to accommodate other external devices.
Best Docking Stations for Laptops:
You now know many ways during which a laptop docking station can transform your computing experience. But how does one find the simplest laptop dock on the market today?
To save you time and energy, we’ve put together an inventory of recommended laptop docking stations. The criteria we considered when compiling this list included the number and sort of ports, transfer specifications supported, dimensions and configurations, reliability, extra bells and whistles, and price. Let’s inspect the highest recommended laptop docks.
We have compared the benefits of top laptop docks from brands like WAVLINK, StarTech, Dell, CalDigit, et al. You’ve got had an opportunity to earn dual HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.0 docking stations, and more. Whatever USB dock ports and features you would like; one or more of those hubs should fit the bill. Enjoy connecting all of your peripherals while keeping your Laptop or tablet charged.